ICMA Kress Travel Grants
The International Center of Medieval Art, through the generosity of the Samuel H. Kress Foundation, is pleased to offer travel grants to speakers at ICMA-sponsored sessions at scholarly conferences.
Travel will be reimbursed up to US$600. Transatlantic and Transpacific travel will be reimbursed up to US$1200. Fares purchased in non-US currencies will be calculated by the exchange rate on the day the purchase was made.
These funds are available only to speakers and organizers delivering papers as an integral part of the session (i.e with a specific title listed in the program). Funds are payable on a reimbursement basis, via check in US Dollars only. Sorry, no wire transfers or Paypal (or similiar service) transfers are available. Funds cannot be covered in advance of the session. The ICMA cannot guarantee this support, but will make every effort to provide it, based on the availability of funds.
Reimbursable expenses include:
- Rental car fees and gas
- Mileage at the IRS 2015 rate of 57.5 cents per mile (if you are using your own car)
- Lodging (two night maximum)
ICMA does not reimburse:
- Meal expenses
- Conference registration fees
- Presentation supplies such as computer or camera equipment
Session organizers: contact Ryan Frisinger (email@example.com) with a list of speakers, affiliations, and departure location as soon as the session is finalized. This will help us determine the availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Speakers/organizers requesting funding: You must contact your session organizer first to include your name on the list of speakers requesting funding. You must be an ICMA member. You must submit the following via regular mail (no electronic copies accepted) no later than one (1) month after the session :
- Abstract (list: paper title, session title, name of conference, and dates)
- Short professional biography (1-2 paragraphs)
- Original, signed receipts. If tickets or reservations are made online, the speaker must print out the receipt and sign it before submitting. Only receipts up to the allotted reimbursement amount are needed.
SUBMIT INFORMATION TO:
Ryan Frisinger, ICMA
The Met Cloisters
99 Margaret Corbin Drive
New York, NY 10040
For questions, contact Ryan Frisinger at firstname.lastname@example.org.